Friday, January 8, 2010

Wraping it up

Christmas is over and top of my to do list is take down the Christmas tree. I've been prolonging it because I just love our tree and decorations this year, but it's time. I wanted to share a tradition I've decided to start with Kendall at Christmas. Lauren gave me this idea and I thought it was fantastic. I've decided to start giving her an ornament every year. For several reasons.

1. What a great way to commemorate each Christmas.
2. She will have her own set of Christmas ornaments for her very own tree which I plan on giving her next year (a pink one of course). And to keep for herself once she is grown and has moved out.
3. To prevent all of the "homemade" ornaments that she will make over the years from adorning "my" Christmas tree. Those ornaments will look great on her tree with her annual ornaments =)

So here it is, her first ornament from me. I was in search of something exactly like this and was so happy to find it! The snowflake is representative of her Winter ONEderland birthday coming up. The pink reflection is from my phone to make it easier to read the engraving.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

We are going to do the same thing. We're getting a new tree next year and keeping the old one for all of Jack's ornaments and for the one's he'll hand-make throughout the years. Where did you get Kendall's engraved ornament? That is precious!

Ashley said...

Thank you. Things Remembered and they're half off right now. However, engraving was double the cost of the ornament!