Kendall may not know my mother, but she has already inherited her eyes, stubbornness and love for people. "Grammy" as I call her to Kendall will however one day be very well known by Kendall. For it is my mother that has shown me how to love so deeply and care for my own child so intensely.
This poem was read at my mom's funeral and could not be more true:"God saw you were getting tired, and a cure was not to be; so he put His arms around you, and whispered, "Come with me." With tearful eyes we watched you suffer, and saw you fade away;Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands laid to rest; God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the Best!"
We love you and miss you!


10 comments:
I'm so blessed to have met you, in so many ways! I am thinking of you today, and giving you big hugs! Love you!
My heart is hurting for you because I know you would have loved for your mom to meet Kendall. But you know Kendall has a special, gaurdian Angel watching over her :) Give Kendall a squeeze for me.
I had no idea. And this made me cry. Blessings and love to all of you . . . I know you have made your mama proud.
You are wonderful with words. I miss your sweet mom. He does only take the best!
Mandy
Thank you for all of the heartfelt messages. I'm going to include some emails I got from family members also.
With tears and love...
Thank you so much for sharing this.
She was my precious little sister.
Aunt Mary Nell
Good morning, Ashley,
THANK YOU so much for sending the touching message. It brings tears to the eyes--sure miss our sister. It was the first thing I told Howard yesterday morning--it's been 12 years since Karen died. How she would totally love Kendall and the new grand baby that Lisa is having.
Aunt Sarah
Thanks for remembering. I love you
.
Dad
WOW! I love you and your Mom and Kendall!
RL
Wow, 12 years. I remember that time so clearly. I remember visiting y'all at the hospital. I'm sure she would be so proud of you Ashley for the person you've become and the wonderful mommy you are.
Kristin
Post a Comment