Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trip Down Memory Lane

If you are from San Antonio than you more than likely visited the Kiddie Park as a child and have very fond memories there. If you are not from San Antonio, it's a little park devoted to carnival rides for tiny tots. When I was in kindergarten, back when it was half days, my father took care of me after school. I was in the morning class and my dad worked nights at the time. So after school my Dad prepared a hearty/healthy lunch for me that consisted of had boiled eggs and chocolate chips (we saved the grapes to throw at the gorillas at the zoo), then headed to the zoo or the kiddie park. Sometimes both in the same day. Those were the days! Well the park was recently renovated and I stepped back in time as I took Kendall to the Kiddie Park this week with her Aunt Kris. The first ride was a bit bumpy and we weren't quite sure if she'd want to ride anything else by the look on her face. Her cheeks were shaking and she looked like a deer caught in the headlights. But once the ride stopped she quickly walked to another ride wanting to get on.

This was actually her first time on a carousel, such a sheltered life she leads!

My Dad was very upset when he found out we'd gone without him so no doubt we will be back soon!

1 comment:

Jumping Jack said...

I love this last picture. I'm glad you're getting to spend so much time with Aunt Kris and the fam, but we miss you here!