For the past couple of months I've been looking on the internet for baby furniture. I had a particular changing table in mind and found exactly what I was imagining at JCPenneys. So on Rob's day off we drive to a mall to look at the baby furniture JCPenneys has to offer. To our dismay, one of the sales managers tells us that they don't carry baby furniture at that particular mall, but offers 2 other malls that do. We get in the car and drive 30 min. to the closest mall that has a JCPenneys that DOES carry baby furniture according to the nice sales manager. At the next mall we are told by a nice salesperson that NONE of the JCPenneys carry baby furniture, it can only be ordered online. I'm utterly frustrated at this point. We drive home and I order the baby furniture online, paying way too much in shipping, with the promise that it will be delivered to our house in 2-4 weeks but will hear from them before then to schedule a delivery date. That was on Nov. 11th.
On Nov. 26th I find it a bit odd that I haven't heard from JCPenneys yet and decide to check my online order status. Status: Order Canceled. That's it, no explanation. This leaves me very perplexed and I call the customer service hotline. I proceed to be handed off from one employee to the next telling my story over and over with the same response from the employee "hmm......the computer doesn't say why it was canceled, but I can reorder it for you". NO, I don't have 2-4 weeks and the possibility of something else going wrong. I need to set up her room and start nesting. What is wrong with these people, don't any of them have children! At this point I demand to speak to a Manager and be compensated for the lost time and have the furniture shipment expedited and no additional cost. Ok, so I'm going to get 10% off my entire purchase and 2 of the 3 pieces will be shipped to the store within the next 3 days. The store will call me when it is ready to be picked up. The other piece will be delivered to my home within the next 2 weeks. On the 4th day no word from the store, so I give them a call. The nice sales person I speak to says it hasn't been delivered yet and to call customer service, they will be able to give me a better explanation. Customer service says their computer indicates that the furniture has in fact been shipped to the store and calls the store to find out what's going on. Apparently, customer service spoke to the same nice sales person I spoke with (he admitted he had just spoken to me) and he also told her that they did have the furniture. WHATEVER!
I drive to the mall with my friend Ashley, who is driving her truck so we can bring the furniture home. We park at JCPenneys, but have some other shopping to do first. Being the very wise person that I am, I think it would be a great idea to stop by the customer service dept. first just to make sure they do in fact have the furniture. The very nice sales person that I spoke with says his computer says it has not been delivered to the store yet. SERIOUSLY??? Luckily, the other nice salesman whom I spoke with on the phone earlier remembers me and says it IS there and I can pick it up when I'm done shopping. We must have been shopping for awhile because by the time we returned to JCPenneys customer service there was a new crew on shift. Here we go again! I started by telling the nice sales person that I was there to pick up my baby furniture, but it would not be in the computer. He kindly went to the back and located the furniture. Hooray! The last piece arrived at my house yesterday.

Tomorrow is Rob's day off and he will be assembling baby furniture. I told him this is the one time he MUST fore go any man rule and read the directions. All I can say is I better love the furniture and not have any missing parts or any problems putting it together or JCPenneys is going to feel the wrath of one very upset, pregnant woman. Please say a little prayer for JCPenneys tonight!*That is not our bedding, just the crib/changing table.


2 comments:
It wouldn't have happened if you bought it at Neiman's...just saying! Regardless, very cute and I can't wait to come see! Still need help assembling the chandelier??? I want pics when it is complete...well hell, I'll just come over! By that time, little Miss Kendall will be here!
very cute furniture!! love it!!
Post a Comment