Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tidbits

I haven't blogged in awhile, but to say nothing has been going on would not be true. So here are just a few tidbits. I think her hat says it all!!!
My friend and her daughter came over to visit. They haven't seen us in about a month and we normally hang out at least twice a week. Her 3 year old daughter ( who still refers to me as pregnant Ashley, because we have another friend named Ashley as well), saw Kendall and immediately asked me, "You still have her?" I replied yep! She said, "Oh, and then you give her back". I laughed and said, "Nope, I get to keep her forever and ever"!

The same little girl last week told her parents she was feeding her pony. No biggie. Till they looked up and realized she had the strap on her shirt down and she was "breastfeeding" her baby. They asked her where she learned that from. You guessed it........from me! She replied, "This is how baby Kendall eats." Oh, from the mouths of babes! As she was throwing a temper tantrum today at the mall, I wondered out loud what kind of personality, attitude Kendall will be packing when she can talk. Lord help me if it's anything like mine was. I wish my Mom was here so I could thank her for letting me live. She did always tell me that I would get paid back one day!
So my sweet little Kendall is growing by leaps and bounds. She is wearing mostly 3-6 months clothes, but most of them aren't long enough. As you will notice in this picture, the outfit should come to her ankles, but falls short of her knees! My friend who passed this outfit down from her daughter couldn't stop laughing and confirmed that this is not how the outfit is supposed to fit.

Oh, BIG news. For those of you that have been wondering about her sleeping patterns......

She slept for 10 hours last night!!!! I actually woke her up because I thought something was wrong. Nope, she woke up with her big smile she gives me every morning. It's priceless! She definitely recognizes her mama now, no doubt about that. Oh yes, the sleeping thing. So she's been sleeping the last 3 nights in her swing, but we don't turn it on. I figure this is the first step to the transition to her crib. Baby steps.

Last, but not least..........check out her long monkey toes! They were curled up like this while she was sleeping. I curl my toes up just like this too, funny!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, I just busted out laughing and spit all over my computer when I read about your little friend breastfeeding her baby! Ohy my goodness...I still have a smile on my face. I could totally see Lily doing that. Priceless!!!

Laurie said...

That pink striped outfit is hilarious! Did you think that's how it's supposed to be? I am laughing so hard right now!

Ticey said...

So cute!! Can't wait to see you guys!