So just go ahead and disregard the previous entry about our success of converting to the pack n play from the swing. It happened once.
2 weeks away from being 3 months old and 2 weeks away from moving to her nursery to sleep, some things have got to change.
Why not tonight? I've tried really hard at making a routine schedule for Kendall so she knows when it's time to go to sleep for the night. We read a story, put on night time lotion, change into pajamas, go to the rocking chair for a bottle. So as I was rocking her and feeding her I thought, "no time like the present". I sent my cry for help out as a mass text to all of my mommy friends. I wanted everyones input on how long I should let Kendall cry for before I pick her up. The replies came back quickly and varied in opinion. Some thought 10-15 min., while some thought 30 minutes is a good amount of time. I greatly appreciate everyones advice and decided for the first night I would give it about 10 min. before going to pick her up, rock her back to sleep and try it again.
She was completely asleep when I set her down. But she hates laying flat and hates not moving. So her cry for help began almost immediately. She actually stopped after 3 minutes and I thought this would be easier than I had expected. Wrong. It picked right up again after about 3 minutes of strategizing how she would get me to come pick her up. OK, it's been 10 minutes. I'm going in for the 1st time. I rocked her back to sleep whispering over and over again how much I loved her as I kissed her precious face. Then I laid her back in the pack n play for round 2. She already awoke and began crying before I even made it out of the room. I gave it 15 minutes before I gave in for the night and let her sleep in the swing. She had actually started to gag herself from crying as I was walking in to pick her up. Oh well, tomorrows a new day!
A Sale at Madewell? Don’t Mind if I Do…
12 hours ago


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, that first night hearing them cry is the worst. We would get him to sleep 8 hours several nights and then he'd digress. Then he went to stay with my mom for a weekend and she snores so bad she didn't hear him when he woke up. He came back sleeping 12-13 hours. Do you want her number?
Post a Comment