****Update**** Kendall has continued to sleep in her crib every night since that first time this past week!!!! I think it's now safe to say this is where she will be sleeping at night from here on out. We haven't even had a crying episode yet! This seems too good to be true. Sometimes she even wakes up and talks to herself for a bit then goes right back to sleep. Hooray!!!!!!
Yesterday evening after feeding Kendall her last bottle before putting her down for the night I had the great idea of trying to put Kendall in her crib to sleep. This idea was so spur of the moment that I didn't even have her monitor in place. I was just kind accepting the fact that she wasn't ready to leave her swing yet. Well she slept for about 30 minutes before waking up and "talking" for about 10 minutes then going straight back to sleep. I had Rob call me when he was on his way home so I could take Maddie and Sable outside to greet him so they wouldn't bark and wake her up. Then Rob help me set up the baby monitor and we hoped she would continue sleeping. Next came 2 very unusual things for Rob and I; we were able to have the t.v. on while laying in bed before going to sleep and we left our bedroom door not only unlocked, but also open (huge deal for me because I always lock my bedroom door at night and will recheck to make sure it's locked almost obsessive compulsively). It has probably been over 10 years since I've slept with my bedroom door open, it was very weird for me to say the least. She slept til 1:30 a.m. then started whimpering. I fed her a bottle and laid her right back down in her crib, but thinking to myself that she definitely wasn't going back to sleep. To my surprise she did in fact go right back to sleep until 7 a.m! I am thrilled that we finally got her to sleep in her crib and the best part was that there was no crying involved. Now I can take down the pack and play in our bedroom and move the rocking chair out. It will start to look like our bedroom again and not a nursery =)
A Sale at Madewell? Don’t Mind if I Do…
12 hours ago


2 comments:
Yeah! Way to go Mommy! She is probably so comfy in her sweet little bed! It is always harder on you than it is on them. I was obsessed. I had a video monitor but would still go in and check on Lily constantly. Now, she comes and wakes me up in the mornings.
Congrats!!!!
Post a Comment