Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting the Point

Last week in Art Kendall was introduced to pointillism. If we're being completely honest, it was my first introduction as well. This kid is so cultured beyond her months!
I wouldn't necessarily say this week was better than last, but more like we had new battles this time. Specifically being that she didn't want to sit and listen to the story before we started painting. I can't completely blame her as the teacher was going way too slow and wasn't animated at all. Point being that mommy is a way better book reader. After that melt down we were able to move on and paint great pieces of art.
This is not her art project she is supposed to be working on for the day. These easels are set up for kids to do whatever they wish. Problem being that my child would rather do this than her art project. Art project #1 created by using basically the equivalent of a bingo dabber and sponge circles.
Art project #2 created with toilet paper rolls. I really liked this one!

One of the mom's in the class brings her nanny to help out with her little boy during art class. However, her little boy is much better behaved or manageable than Kendall anyways and I feel that her nanny could be better used with Kendall. I'll propose this idea to her next week. Sometimes I have good ideas and sometimes I have great ideas. This is one of my better ideas!

No comments: