Monday, August 2, 2010

18 Months.....Going on 18

Where has my baby gone? The one I carried for 9 months. That once weighed 9 lbs. That fell asleep on my chest on the couch. And was rocked to sleep with a bottle before waking a couple of hours later for a midnight meeting.
My baby now thinks she needs a bra.
And needs to put on make up (which she will actually ask me for "make mup" or "ipstick") or wear deodorant.I braved her 18 month shots by myself since Rob had to work. Turned out not so bad. She didn't cry or shed a tear. Sometimes I think she's missing pain receptors (this a true medical condition I saw on Medical Mysteries, I really need to stop watching these shows).

She weighed in at 25.4 lbs - 63%

She measured up to 33 1/2 in. - 92%


Kendall is still not a big eater and can be very picky at times.
She wants to feed herself most of the time and will eat better for anyone other than me.
She is for the first time ever starting to really be a mama's girl and not want me to leave her. The girl is stubborn and is really testing boundaries and sometimes is just down right naughty(which she can say).
She loves singing and reading and anything involving water.
She talks. ALOT. And can repeat anything we say. I love being her mama and knowing exactly what it is she says when someone asks me to decode for them.
She wants to walk on her own everywhere and not be held. =(
She walk up to me or Rob and give us unsolicited kisses out of the blue. These are the moments I live for!

No comments: