Monday, February 2, 2009

2 week Pediatrician Appt.

Kendall went to the Dr. today for her 2 week check-up. Her 1st appt. was the Monday after we came home from the hospital for a quick check up and to check her jaundice levels. At that appt. she weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz., loosing almost 1 lb. after birth. Weight loss after birth is typical for breastfed babies until the mother's milk comes in. Her Dr. also said her skin looked so good he didn't need to check for jaundice.
Today her weight was 9 lbs. 9 oz. and she is 22 3/4 in. long! She is growing, but I could have told you that by the way she likes to eat. It seems that she wants to eat the most between the hours of 2-6 am with about 6 oz. per feeding. I think I will start supplementing with formula during these hours since it takes about 1 1/2 hours per feeding to nurse her and get her full. Let's face it, Rob and I need sleep!

Her umbilical cord fell out yesterday. I haven't thrown it away yet because it is so amazing to me that this was her lifeline to me for 9 months. I don't know what I would do with it if I kept it, but it seems sentimental to me in a weird way. Rob told me not to be one of "those moms". Anyhow, we were able to have a "real" bath today and she seems to enjoy her bath time. This is a good thing since we spend so much time in the water during the summer. Kendall already has 2 swimsuits ready!

2 comments:

Ticey said...

Aww, she's so cute! Are you available Thursday around 2pm? Kate & I won't to stop by. Technically I'll be on "lunch", but I need my Kendall fix! ;-)

LC2003 said...

That is gross, Ashley!