Monday, June 21, 2010

Van Gogh?

Or newest member of the Blue Man Group.
Kendall is going to art camp this summer, Scribbles and Dribbles, at the Dallas Museum of Science and Nature. I don't know why, but for some odd reason, in my head I pictured cute little tables with children sitting nicely working on their oh-so cute art projects. I was awakened from this nice little dream by the reality of our first day at art class.3 times I had to remove Kendall from the water tub(intended for hand washing) where she was ready to take her clothes off and swim. The scene was horrendous. Imagine if you will; me picking up my child who is kicking, screaming, scratching and trying to bite me. It took all I had to not beat her little behind right in front of theses mommies that were already staring at us like I had the worst behaved child in the world. At that very moment I did. We were at some point between the water tub and the meltdowns able to complete her art project. Her very first art piece!A better look at the lion's face so you can see exactly what kind of art genes I'm passing down to Kendall. That alone should've had us kicked out of the class. Sometimes Kendall looks at the picture and says, "meow", because well let's "face" it, I drew a cat face!

I'm mentally preparing for tomorrow and secretly wishing there won't be any water tubs. We also are going early to let her play in the kids museum to get some energy out before class. I don't mind you laughing at me as long as you also send up a prayer that tomorrow goes better!

1 comment:

Jumping Jack said...

That's hilarious!! I hope today goes better for yall!