We came home from the hospital on Sunday, Jan. 18th. By Monday, the 21st Rob and I both noticed that I had extreme swelling from my feet clear up to my hips. When I say extreme I mean my maternity jeans that I wore to the hospital when checking in to have Kendall would hardly even go over my legs. So I called my Dr. to update them on my current condition. I was asked to come in so they could take a look. Well we landed ourselves another trip to the labor and delivery unit of the hospital! My blood pressure was slightly elevated, I had a horrible headache and extreme swelling. The combination of the 3 could be possible pre-toxemia. I checked back into L&D, put on the lovely open back gown and was back in the bed hooked up to monitors and giving blood. Luckily, my blood results came back ok and we weren't going to have to stay another night. The L&D nurses must think I'm a really bored person who enjoys trips to the hospital. I promised them I wouldn't make any trips back there soon. They didn't mind because they all got to see Kendall. Remember, because of my LONG labor many nurses came and went and never got to see Kendall's precious face. So these nurses were thrilled to get to see her. Ironically, the nurse that was with us when we delivered also has a daughter named Kendall. So we kind of shared a special bond.
Now for the exciting part. The following Sunday/Monday after our return trip to L&D I woke up both mornings drenched in sweat. So Tuesday morning I commented to Rob's mom how I finally had ankles again. She suggested I weigh myself to see how much water weight I had lost. The Wed. I had to check back into the hospital I weighed 160 lbs. The week before I gave birth to Kendall I weighed 168 lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 147 lbs. The scale stated that my weight was currently 139 lbs! What?!?! I've lost 21 lbs? Rob's mom went and weighed herself to confirm that the scale was accurate. To her dismay and my excitement the scale was in fact correct! After a couple more nights of waking up sweating my current weight as of right now is 132. That's right! I've lost a total of 36 lbs. since giving birth and weigh 15 lbs. less than my pre-pregnancy weight.
I had my 2 week Dr. check-up this past Friday and my Dr. was in disbelief at my weight loss. She said she never realized that having a baby could make you loose weight. She also suggested I don't tell any pregnant women about my weight loss because this is not typical. I really wish I would have taken pictures of my swollen elephant legs for a comparison of then and now so you would be able to understand how I lost so much weight.Here is a picture of Kendall pooped after our 1st day out. It felt good to get out of the house after 2 weeks. Her Dad isn't fond of her outfit and said he's going to start waking up early to dress her before he goes to work!



3 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you had gained so much water weight! I was happy with losing a pound a day for two weeks after I had Lily. Way to go!
Yep, I hate you! I'm one of those pregnant women you're not supposed to tell!! ;-) Kendall looks so cute in her outfit!!
I can't believe you lost so much weight. She's so cute and the outfit is too. Rob sounds like Troy when I dress the girls up sometimes.
Post a Comment