Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Mother's Day

OK, so I'm not going to lie....I was a little dissapointed on Mother's Day. I was hoping for an extremely thoughtful gift like a tree to watch grow as Kendall did, a piece of jewelry with her birthstone that I could pass down to her on her wedding day or maybe a plaster mold of her tiny feet and hands to cherish forever. I know, I know.....I was shooting for the stars. I had to give myself a quick reality check; I married a guy not a woman. And in all reality these are the gifts that Rob will probably be receiving for Father's Day.
So remember, I married a guy. What I did actually get for Mother's Day was this t-shirt that I hinted at (not subtly). It says Peace, Love, Mom.


And I also got these beautiful flowers!


I hope it doesn't seem as if I am ungrateful, I was just hoping for a gift that would be sentimental and I would always remember as my first Mother's Day present. These flowers will die soon and if I'm honest with myself it probably won't be long before the shirt doesn't fit =) When Rob sensed my dissapointment he kindly reminded me that he also gave me Kendall and for this I am so very grateful and blessed. I am overjoyed that I am even able to celebrate this holiday because of my precious gift, Kendall!


2 comments:

Meredith said...

im sorry you didnt get what you wanted....but your blog makes me laugh....so thanks for giving me the free gift of laughter!

Kristin said...

Those flowers are so pretty. Your right, I do like the shirt - super cute!