Friday, August 28, 2009

Strollerskating

I stepped back in time about 20 years today into a skating rink. Metro Moms of Dallas was hosting a strollerskating event with Quinny strollers being given away as prizes. I laced up my skates while sizing up the competition. Then I started skating and had a completely different goal in mind; don't fall down, break a leg, or throw Kendall out of her stroller. So we just decided to have fun. And a very fun time we had indeed!Here we are in action. And I'm happy to report that we didn't have one accident. Here are all of our friends that joined us.
Kendall stretching during our refreshment break. Oh yeah, we were sweating! I'm thinking this could be a fun little workout. We found out the rink is open every Thursday for strollerskating from 9-12 am for $4. Let me know if you want to join us one Thursday.
Then the moment of truth. Time to put our skating skills to the test with a stroller skate off. There were 7 rounds, pushing one of the Quinny strollers without babies. I lost miserably in the 2nd round. I am on the far left of the picture.
But wouldn't you know, the only one of us that can't use the single stroller won one. Here is Ticey, mother of 5 month old twins with her new stroller she just won! We were so proud of her. She jokingly said she would put it up for auction between her friends and give it to the person that helps her the most with the twins during the next month =)

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

HOW fun! I want to go next time :)

Erin Perry said...

Hello Ashley! It's Erin. I have thought a lot about you and all of a sudden I get an email from Becky sending me your blog. It I'd super cute and so is Kendall. It's funny how I remember that always being a name that you liked. Please email me so we can talk. My email is eperry31@yahoo.com

Addisyn's World said...

That looks so fun!!!