Kendall and I drove down to SA a couple of weeks ago. I decided to leave when it was time for her to go to bed so that she would sleep the whole time. We actually stopped in New Braunfels and stayed the night with my friend Laurie since it was already late, 11:30, and it would have been another hour to my Dad's house. Laurie and I did some quick chatting before Kendall and I went to bed. Or so I thought. As we layed our heads down on the pillow (midnight), she scratched my eyeball. It instantly began watering and I was pretty sure I knew it was scratched by the annoying feeling of something in my eye (a flap of skin). However, I was exhausted and figured I would have to go to an Opthamologist the next day so I tried sleeping. There was no sleep to be had. Even with my eyes closed my eyeballs don't seem to stay still so it was constantly irritating the cut. At 6 am I could take no more. I woke Laurie up and asked her to take me to the ER, not really sure if they could do anything, but needed some type of relief. Viewer discretion is advised for the graphic images you are about to see!!!!
Oh the ER, what an interesting place for people watching. I diagnosed a teenager with being pregnant, some kids with swine flu and a man with being drunk (his problem was that he passed out while driving). Nurse: Well were you in an accident? Man: No Nurse: Did you hit something? Man: No Nurse: Then how do you know you passed out?
Oh the ER, what an interesting place for people watching. I diagnosed a teenager with being pregnant, some kids with swine flu and a man with being drunk (his problem was that he passed out while driving). Nurse: Well were you in an accident? Man: No Nurse: Did you hit something? Man: No Nurse: Then how do you know you passed out?After some "magic drops" that immediately took the pain away so that I was able to open my eye, some dye drops and an eye exam it was confirmed that my cornea was torn. A prescription for vicodin and an antibiotic and we were on our way. Here is a pic of my eye after the magic drops and being able to open it again. I don't know what they were exactly, but I called it an epidural for my eye!
Thank you to the Jarrett family; Laurie for taking me to the ER, comic relief and being my eyes, Tom (her husband) for waking up at 6 am to take care of Kendall, and Cade (her son) for letting me borrow his eye patch. It's the little things buddy that mean alot!


2 comments:
I am glad it is better! If you let those little rascals get too close they try to scratch your eyes out! Ha! Gotta love the ER.
OH.MY.OUCH!!!! You poor thing!
Post a Comment