Monday, May 10, 2010

Playing It By Ear

Rob had ear surgery on May 3rd. This was actually his 3rd surgery after falling off a jet ski about 5 years ago and puncturing his ear drum. Obviously the other surgeries haven't been successful or we wouldn't be doing this again. Rob currently has close to 0% hearing in his left ear. Some of you may be thinking "Oh no!". However, I think he has enjoyed only hearing me "half" the time =) Kendall and I took Rob to the hospital early May 3rd and waited til he was prepped for surgery. Then I took Kendall to a friend's house(thanks a million Courtney, you were a life saver) and I returned to the hospital to be there when Rob woke from anesthesia. The surgery he had is called a stapedectomy. So far, Rob has already recovered some hearing and we are waiting for packing to fall out to see exactly how successful the surgery was. Fingers crossed!

No comments: