Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Confession

So here is another confession of a bad mommy; I've been letting Kendall sleep in her swing at night pretty much for the last month. I felt really guilty about it at first, but then came to grips with it since Kendall and I were both getting a great nights sleep. There are 2 things the girl really likes to do and that is 1-be moving, 2-sleep at an incline. She loves her swing!!!! And really I couldn't think of one good reason why I shouldn't let her sleep in it other than it is unconventional. Well, in that case so is only getting 3 hours of sleep a night!

So I must sadly report that we can no longer let her sleep in her swing because of a valid reason. She doesn't fit anymore! We woke up for her feeding and found that she had turned over on her side and scooted herself almost out of the swing. Scary! Unless she curls her legs up they also hang off the edge since she is so long (a little over 2 feet). The swing can only be used for naps now while we are awake to monitor her.

Last night was the first night we made her sleep in her pack and play all night long. It started out a little rocky with me letting her whimper/cry herself to sleep. Rob couldn't handle it! After about 5 minutes he went and picked her up and laid her in bed with us til she fell asleep. I told him she would've been ok, but he didn't think she should be so "stressed out". Mind you, this is after we just had lunch earlier in the day with 2 couples that are both trying to get their children to start sleeping in their own beds. She was asleep within 5 minutes and back in her pack and play for 6 1/2 hours of sleep. Mission successful!

No comments: