Kendall is one traveling baby! We took off for San Antonio Wednesday with some of our friends that are from SA and now live here in McKinney. There were quite a few stops along the way as Kendall is no longer a newborn that can sleep for 5 hours in the car.
Picture of Laurie and me taken by Cade
Cade smelling Kendall's feet!We arrived at my friend Laurie's house Wednesday evening. This was the first time Laurie got to see Kendall and the first time I've seen her son Cade in a VERY long time. The questions immediately started coming from Cade; "Can I pet him?", "Can I smell his feet?", "Can I see his music?" His pro-nouns are a little mixed up! Cade is almost 5, sooo cute, energetic and ALL boy. Oh yeah, and a big Batman fan!

Before going to bed at night he wanted to make sure we weren't leaving. He wanted Kendall to sleep in his bed just to make sure. He even asked me if I could leave her for awhile once I left and he would bring her back to Dallas for me. And he really didn't want to go to school the next day and miss out on precious playing time with Kendall.
Thursday Laurie and I strolled around downtown New Braunfels and eventually landed at Huisache Grill, yummy! We had a wonderful spread of food and left so stuffed we didn't eat dinner that night. Oh what fun we had. I'm already looking forward to our next visit!


Yes, I color coordinated us on purpose. And the rest of the days we were in SA also!

Friday we went to visit our friends Mandy, Leigh, Becca and Trey (who happened to be off from work). Leigh is quite the doting sister whom her parents have nicknamed the phantom kisser because baby Becca gets a big one planted on her at least every 3 minutes, and this is no joke! Mandy said Leigh was looking out the window for baby "Tendall" since she woke up - we didn't get there til 11. We had lunch with the Jacksons, chatted a bit and then headed on our way.


Next stop on our agenda and the main business for this trip was to visit the elementary school I taught at and the kiddos I taught one last time before they head off to Middle School next year. I taught the same kids for 2nd and 3rd grade and they were truly like my babies. I can't believe they'll be in MS next year! And oh my how they have grown! Of course, I also wanted to show Kendall off to all of my friends I worked with. I miss that bunch of teachers so much and would not pass up the chance to teach with them again.
In the little time we had left we visited with Dad, Elizabeth, my sister, her husband Derek and their son Elisha. Elisha loves his cousin Kendall and couldn't get enough of her. He was so helpful with feeding and entertaining her.

Cousins!

I requested Henry's Puffy Tacos for dinner since good Mexican food is hard to come by in Dallas and puffy tacos impossible. It did not disappoint!
Kendall got some special bonding time in with Pawpaw and Mimi before we headed back on our first plane trip which was a successful one. I think this will be our mode of travel from now on since she earned her wings!



2 comments:
I like the pictures of Buttboy! The ones of you and Kendall at Huisache are so good. I'm salivating looking at the chocolate cake. I have to look up Henry's Puffy Tacos now, too.
I had so much fun and Cade keeps asking when he can see Baby Candle again.
Laurie
Leigh is proud she made the blog! We has another little girl come over a couple days after you two and Leigh kept calling her "Tendall".
See you soon!
Mandy
Post a Comment