Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sick As A Dog

Kendall started not feeling well Wednesday. She was clingy, irritable and fussy. I thought she was just teething. Well she was teething (with a new tooth on top to show for), but that wasn't it. She threw up for the first time Wednesday night in her crib. We then changed her sheets for the 2nd time that night after a bad case of diarrhea. Between that night and Saturday she went on to christen both Rob and I with vomit several times. Poor baby girl. She was hungry from not being able to keep formula down and exhausted. Oh yeah, and wanted her mama to hold her non-stop. I couldn't blame her. I called her Dr. to see if we should bring her in, but they said it sounded like a stomach virus that had to run it's course. We tried Pedialyte, but she would have nothing to do with it. Luckily, she was only throwing up once or twice a day so she didn't get dehydrated. Friday night I decided to take her to Acute Kids, after hours urgent care for kids. They confirmed it was just a stomach virus, but I wanted to be on the safe side and didn't want to endure another day of her being sick if there was something we could do. She hasn't thrown up since 4 am Saturday am so I think we're in the clear. We've been cooped up in the house since it's been raining and we can't even go for a walk. We've missed birthday parties, playdates, a baby shower and McKinney farmers market. However, Maddie and Sable kept us company and were sometimes the only way I could put Kendall down to do something while they entertained her. Thank goodness for our puppy dogs while she was sick as a dog. They always bring a smile to her face. I am especially thankful that she's feeling better again.

2 comments:

KK said...

Awww, poor Kendall and poor Mommy & Daddy! I am glad K is feeling better and sure hope that you guys don't get the virus. Here's to a vomit free week!

Ticey said...

We missed you on Saturday, but I'm glad to hear that Kendall is feeling better!! That couldn't have been any fun!